- Italy Film Festival della Lessinia 2021 (Montagne Italiane)
- Italy Premio Cultura Cinematografica Città di Polistena
- Switzerland Solothurn FF 2021 (Feature Films Panorama)
- Italy Salerno IFF 2020 (Documentary Competition)
- Russia Pacific Meridian IFF of Asian Pacific Countries 2020 (In Focus: Solitude. No Need to Save Anyone)
- Switzerland Visions du Réel IFF 2020 (IBurning Lights Competition) World Premiere
Forty years ago 2000 people lived there, today Pietrapaola, in Calabria, is home to 200 people. I was born there, the son of two Germans who ended up there, who knows how it works, I had not been there for twenty years. Where are the others? And the stories?
I began to hear everything I found in Pietrapaola: the working instruments, the poems, the karaoke singers, the serenades. I understood that the art of life nestles in the intervals between the music, in the pauses, in the “tranquillitudine”.
Pietrapaola is the town where I was born and raised, where I lived until I was thirteen. It had about 2000 inhabitants in 1970 and 150 in 2013. I decided that I had to tell the story of the village before it vanished and with him the background of my childhood, and to do it through his music.
I don’t get along with words. I don’t think they can fix things, they don’t heal wounds, they don’t repair tears. Music has transformed this place, my story and that of the people of Pietrapaola, into a melody.